MOT Trauma, and a glimpse of the Future

MX5 failed it's MOT yesterday on a weak handbrake, high emissions and the exhaust coming apart. I don't know what happened with the latter, it was alright beforehand but when it came back from the garage one of the bolts securing the front pipe to the de-cat pipe was missing completely. I put some new bolts on, and had a spare gasket, so that's sorted. Handbrake was adjustment again, I think I didn't do it right last time - seems very good now. Emissions... first suspect was the stock 02 sensor, which sits immediately behind the turbo. I've chopped it's wire and connected the analogue 1 output from the LC-1 instead. I'm going to order a new water temp sensor too, can't see any leaks around the manifold, hopefully that'll be enough.

I've bought some 320cc injectors for the next phase - Megasquirt! I'm putting together a list of all the bits I need, because it's DIY for me - no easy PnP solution (mostly because it's twice the price).
Look! Yes, an Imp - probably not airborne - is coming this way in 2009! It's not ever going to go wrong or fail an MOT, NOT EVER.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement