I'm a PC...

...and I'm done with expensive upgrades, with updating drivers/Java/.Net/DirectX, with trying to kill processes, it's OVER.  I've bought a Xbox 360 instead, with Modern Warfare 2, Forza 3 and GTA4 'Episodes from Liberty City', all for less than the price of an upgrade.  The best bit is sticking the disk in and having it just WORK; no tinkering with graphical settings, no optimising memory.  Forza is my current favourite, it's very similar to Gran Turismo and features some of the best and most exotic cars in the world, such as this:


Check out that mean machine clashing with the powah of the Yaris!
The real MX5 is back on the road, after my brother fitted the new differential, prop and driveshafts.  I assisted, mostly by reminding him he hadn't drunk his tea.  I wasn't hands-on enough to post a guide, but probably the most difficult bit was detaching the diff from the PPF.  One of the driveshafts needed plenty of persuasion from a large hammer before it would come out of the hub, too.  I had a bit of stress getting replacement driveshaft nuts, there are 2 different diameters.  The smaller one is part number MD06Y33042, the larger MGJ2133042B.

Kitchen news:  the worktops are on!  No photo 'cos the areas a mess at the moment.  I found an excellent kitchen fitter via Rated People, I was so happy with the work I've getting him to complete most of the remaining tasks.  I got the sink operational yesterday, though I had to get a bit inventive with the waste plumbing as the hole in the wall was a bit high (the wall is more than 18" thick so I wasn't prepared to undergo the trauma of making a new hole).  Supposed to be wiring up the cooker this evening, but Dr Who and Top Gear are on TV, and then there's Xbox...

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement