ANGRY! ANGRY!

I was INCANDESCENT WITH RAGE last night.  I had a new clutch put in the MX5 yesterday, and it was returned with a bill for £403 with even worse clutch slip than before!  I didn't get home until gone 8pm so Mrs B had already handed over a cheque.  I had an ANGRY ANGRY night with little sleep, and was on the phone as soon as the garage (who I've been using for years) opened.  I remained fairly civil though and we've come to an agreement where he refunds me the cost of parts (an incredible £222) and fits a clutch I supply for free.  I've ordered an Exedy stage 2 kit from MX5Parts which should make clutch slip a thing of the past, even if I replace the engine with a Merlin.

Got a new windscreen fitted in the 5 today too, from the not-particularly slick Auto Windscreens (my insurer wouldn't accept Autoglass).  The screen is blue tinted, I'd never noticed that before.

Formula 1 season starts tomorrow, woooo!  I think we're in for bloody Alonso ending up champion, unless Hamilton can deliver some consistency.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement