Life in the computer age

I bought an OBDII car diagnostic reader recently, it plugs into the USB on a laptop and allows you to read the error codes on anything with a OBDII socket (first appeared in '96, apparently).  It's from eBay and only cost £20, and came with a CD containing Bit Torrent's bestest bent diagnostic software.  I don't know how they get away with that.  Anyway, it's a good toy and I was able to reset the engine warning light on Mrs B's Berlingo (seems the motorised throttle body did just need cleaning).  I can't get it to speak to the BMW though, could be a port config thing.

MX5 still running without issue!  I've been sorely tempted by a deal on Flyin'Miata anti-roll bars and a set of big Sport brakes, but I'm sticking to my austerity drive for now.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement