Finally posting something about the MX5 again

It's the 30 year anniversary of the MX5 so I've decided to put it back on the road.  I think it's been resting for almost 3 years now so I expect it'll need some work.

I've been maintaining the battery, so as ever it started first time once connected.  Tappets clacked like that skeleton in his biscuit tin for a few seconds, mind.

Up in the air for some corrosion inspection; it's definitely deteriorated around the rear of the sills, I should have properly rust-proofed this years ago...

 Ugh... have ordered some Vactan.

Rear suspension looks OK.  I remember when this was all shiny.

 Boot floor has survived well where I treated it, at least.

 Just surface rust, honest.

Similar story on the other side.

It needs all new disks and pads, a clutch slave and/or master cylinder, a new steering wheel (horribly tatty), and most annoyingly a rain rail - that's the 'drain' section that the hood fits into, a new one is £174 and used ones will be knackered.  Might need to get creative with that.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement