Boring maintenance post

Spent almost an entire day changing the plugs and front pads on the VFR (at 61K).  Searched every shop I could think of in town for a tool to wind the brake pistons in, eventually bought a tiny G-clamp, then discovered I could push the pistons in quite easily by pushing them against the disk.

Changing the plugs should have been straightforward, but due to impatience/ham-fistedness I rounded off a bolt that secured the coil on top of plug 4.  I've yet to sort that out, so it's got 3 new and 1 old plug.  Old ones looked fine though, I've only changed them as the mileage (36K) was up.

I love the VFR, it's such a good all-round bike.  It's going back to Wales next weekend, assuming the weather is reasonable.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement