Why a bloody Spitfire?

I haven't found one yet, but I'm working on it. There is one for sale in town, but it's a ratty old matt black thing that's full of filler, and it's the most bodged-looking car I've seen for some time. With an asking price of £1300 the seller is either a comedian or has difficulty with decimal points.

I've wanted a Spit for years now. I almost bought one some 9 years ago, but it would have become my daily driver and they're just not suited for this. They're not fast, nor economical, the handling is on a par with a shopping trolley (as is the level of comfort), and they're certainly not sturdy. Yet I like them. Oh, and there's no chance of it keeping the weather out.

I've liked other rubbish cars in the past too, in fact I have a raft of damaging automotive relationships behind me. You can see some of these here (Fiat X1/9 and Mini), others are still too painful to discuss...

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio