Clonk Removal

I've had an annoying clonk develop from the NS front over the past few weeks which sounded like a worn balljoint, but no wear was evident. My brother Darren got to the bottom of it though (after taping up the anti-roll bar bush to rule it out), it was the brake caliper. One of the sliding pins didn't have enough grease and was rattling gently - hardly noticeable at the caliper, but in the car it sounded much louder. Repacking it solved it.

I also lobbed a blob of grease between the clutch release lever and the slave cylinder, to stop it rattling. The cam angle sensor oil seal has let go now, but I should have anticipated this when I tampered with it and replaced it then. 99p would have hardly broken the bank, but you can buy an ice cream for that... and I chose unwisely.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio