Knackered

I don't like this change in the weather, and neither does the 5. The battery is as weak as a kitten and didn't have enough juice to start the car one morning this week. I had to get the charger/starter out to bring it back to life, but it only made me 7 minutes late which is not enough of an inconvenience to persuade me to buy a new battery. No doubt I will regret this shortly.

The rear anti-roll bar bushes are shot, I think they're another casualty of the track day. Feels quite loose at the back now. I've put the EBC Greenstuff pads on, but I've had no chance to use them in anger so can't say if they're an improvement yet. Lots of vibration from the frontpipe heat shield. Oil leak from the rear of the engine, possibly the CAS again.

I'm only keeping the 5 on the road until the end of October (purely for the MX5Mad track event), then it's hibernation and hopefully, transformation. Got a favourable insurance quote from AON for the car modded to 170bhp, £354! Big excess though.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio