Head Gasket Grief

Spent the weekend removing the head, it's been leaking oil front and rear from the gasket and made a right mess under the car. I have a cold and the lashing wind and rain on Saturday didn't help at all (yes it's in the garage, but the weather was coming in to get me). Getting those damn cam wheels off was bother too, I've needed a lot of help from Mrs B and a very big 24mm spanner.

There has been much pain from rounded-off bolts and connections that have not been apart in 17 years. I was also disappointed to find the nuts securing the turbo had worked loose, that would have accounted for the slight blowing noise it had developed lately. Bit of threadlock on those next time, I think.

I've got some fancy new headrest speakers to go in too, but that's a fun job so has to be left until the head is back on. It's like dessert, you have to eat all your veg before you can have it.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio