Wot I did on my holidee

We've been to the Lake District, and stayed in this fantastic lodge. It made our house look like a PIGSTY and inspired a new catchphrase which we used all week - "You're not at home now!"


The boy and me hired a motor boat on Coniston Water, I let him drive because I was on holiday goddammit! I spooked him out with tales about skellington Donald Campbell abducting people from boats.

No holiday is complete without a ride on a steam train. I can't remember where this was, but it did involve a long drive over a mountain. Odd weather in the Lakes; 1 minute you're getting sunburn, 10 minutes later you're fog-bound.

That was last week. This week it was Mrs B's 40th birthday, and our wedding anniversary. Unusually I was prepared for this and had arranged a surprise stay in an extremely fancy hotel a few miles out of Stratford-upon-Avon (after offloading Monkeyboy onto our neighbours for the night).

Check it out! We had the Victorian Garden suite, which comprises the end of the 1st floor wing in this photo. The large windows overlook a ruined church and acres of parkland, the lounge has antique furniture, there's the biggest bed I've ever seen, and an LCD TV in the bathroom... I didn't want to come home to our PIGSTY!

The things we did on that bed... it needs burning. I'm talking about gas emissions of course, we'd been stuffing ourselves at cafes and pubs all day long and both of us went to bed packing at least 4 poached eggs. Stormy, stormy night.

On the motors front, I briefly considered a BMW 840 but there was no getting away from the fact that it was gold.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio