Door Hinge Replacement

The driver's door has dropped, and as it's not possible to replace the hinge pins I bought a set of genuine Mazda replacements. Unfortunately my upper hinge had an extra bolt, so I had to drill a suitable hole then give it another coat of paint. As it's so cold at the moment there was no chance of the paint drying before dusk so I couldn't finish the job. Getting the door off was easy, with the wiring plug being the only fiddly bit. You have to prise off the rubber gaiter on the body, then pull out the plug hidden in the pillar. Tomorrow I'll have to refit it and re-align the door, using ample amounts of filthy language as lubricant.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio