Intercooled, part 2

No, this still isn't finished. Dan (Universal Intercoolers) is sending me the final part, a 16mm plug for the ICV (the kit came with a 25mm one, much too big). With that exception, it's all ready to go though. A/C fan has been wired up and tested (I couldn't use the original fan, they're not interchangeable after all). I've had to replace the standard washer bottle with a generic bag (£12.50 from eBay). It's suspended under the slam panel as before, but I've had to lose one of the 2 horns. I did spend several hours during the week figuring out alternative ways of running the intercooler pipes, and even looked at clocking the turbo but there was no real alternative. I've had to lose the bonnet stay too, looks like I'll have to buy some lifters instead.

I was going to wash it this afternoon, but as soon as I rolled it out the rain started. I went back in and played yet more Grand Theft Auto 4, I love that game!

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio