Rollbar


I had this roll bar fitted by Tim Lane yesterday, and I'm very pleased with it.  It's a very substantial bit of kit but it hardly impedes on the seat travel, and it's away from your head, something that can't be said of it's expensive American alternative.  It took the best part of 3 hours to fit (though I just hung about drinking tea and holding the occasional spanner, as is becoming the norm), and most of that was dismantling then reassembling the trim.  It looked pretty easy to fit DIY, 10 holes to drill and cutting some squares out of the thin removable steel panel  under the parcel shelf.

I've decided to do Brands Hatch on the 4th December now, if the car is broken I'll just take the Beemer and smoke everybody out.  Tyres are shot so I've got some more T1Rs coming - this time to go on the 15" wheels I bought back in May and have done nothing with.  They're white... respray in pink perhaps?  Mmmmm...

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio