Gadget

It was my birthday recently, so I put my cash towards this portable media player:


It's a Samsung YP-R1 and look, it's got a gingerbread man and a coffee cup! Neither of them are any more than animated icons but you don't get either on the leading competitor (the name of which I cannot bring myself to type).  It was quite a bit cheaper than that other device too, and has twice the memory.  The interface is a tad fiddly though, and it took me some time to find the option to shuffle tracks at random - such basic stuff should be on the home screen rather than daft icons.  Another useless feature is the Beat DJ app, which lets you put sound effects and stuff over your tracks.  I had a few minutes fun putting cliched samples such as 'ahh yeah!' and handclaps over Mozart's Requiem, but I doubt I'll ever use it again.

It does support BBC iPlayer though, and I've watched Mad Men on it this evening (ignoring the 50" TV in the same room).  I love Mad Men.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio