Optimate

I discovered the Triumph battery was dead today; that'll be because of the poxy alarm and the fact it's not been used for some weeks.  It was time to bite the bullet and get a charger, so I bought an Optimate 3:
It does all kinds of clever stuff, like de-sulphate neglected batteries - which will be useful for the MX5, which  was very dead indeed when I had to move it for the first time in months.  Plus you can leave it plugged in permanently.

I also bought some heated grips from Hein Gericke for the VFR, a bargain at £30 as they appear to be re-branded Oxford ones (priced at £70).  Getting the old grips off wasn't difficult, but getting the left grip on was, it seemed to be about 2mm to narrow.  A couple of minutes submerged in very hot water expanded it enough to go on, but I hope I don't have to remove it ever again.  Throttle grip seems a better fit, just need to get some epoxy glue to fix it in place (it came with super glue but that's rather too permanent for my liking).

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio