515 miles in 24 hours

8 months after I originally planned to go, I finally had my EPIC TRIP TO WALES this weekend.  Here's the VFR at Llyn Tegid as proof.  I used some of the Bike magazine recommended route, and once into the valleys there are some incredible roads; endless smooth bends, beautifully maintained tarmac, and very little traffic.  Sensible speed limits too, it makes southern England look positively third world in comparison.

That was Saturday, the ride back on Sunday was awful.  It rained constantly from the moment I left the pub where I was staying, until I got over the bridge.  And it was cold, and windy, I could barely see for spray, and after about 3 hours it started to get past my waterproofs.  The only worse ride I can recall was getting caught in snow last winter.

Despite this, it was still worth it because in the dry those roads are simply fantastic.  Care is needed; a 20mph bend can have no more warning than one you can take at 60, and there's plenty of Plod on the prowl.  Will definitely be going back, if only there was a better way than the tedium of the M4.

One final thing - no toll fee for bikes at the Severn bridge :)

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio