Alpines

Spotted these at the Beaulieu ride-in day:

I regularly got a lift to school in one of these when I was about 10.  I sat silently in the back, breathlessly marvelling at the state-of-the-art interior.  It even had a red light that came on when it was low on fuel!  Many years later I got to drive a Solara, and it was a right load of rattly wobbly shite.  Disappointing.
Matra Bagheeras look surprisingly exotic up close, I want one
Pranged Simca had a wonderful honesty about it.

In other news: the CBR broke down on the work to yesterday.  It eventually responded to a bump-start, but either the battery is goosed or something is wrong with the charging circuit.  It's been on the Optimate all night, I'll see how it is today.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio