New bike time

I had a day off today, so rather than waste it watching Rainbow episodes on YouTube I popped out and traded the ZZR1400 for a KTM Superduke 990, as you do.

I wanted a change from inline 4s so the shortlist was a Speed Triple (failed to move me sufficiently), Aprilia Tuono (my insurer didn't like the naughty exhaust), or a Duke. I did find a bright orange Duke but that dealer wasn't interested in taking on the Z, so I had to settle for black. I don't like black!
It is in lovely original condition though, and has low miles.  It's actually powered by a nest of extremely angry wasps, I didn't realise that, yet somehow guzzles petrol faster than my V6 Rover.
Instruments look like they came with a Happy Meal, but I love this thing, it's massively entertaining to hoon about on.  The loud rorty engine is the first thing you notice of course, but it's the extraordinary suspension that's most impressed me so far.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio