Jag Broked

Had a bit of a rubbish week.  The Jaaaag is finally broken, it failed to start the other morning but I was running late, so just swiped the CLK instead.  That left Mrs B to take the boy to school in t'Berlingo... but the exhaust fell off that en-route.  I had to leave work to bodge it up with cable-ties so it could be driven home.  I really need to stop messing about with shite old cars.

The starter motor seems to be the fault on the Jag, it sounds like the bendix is mashed; apparently this can happen, though the ring gear is likely to have survived.  Getting the thing off is going to be a bastard, it's under the inlet manifold and one of the bolts comes out from the gearbox end.  Options are to drop the transmission slightly to get a wobbly extension lead on it, or remove the wiper motor/assembly.  I took decisive action... I went back in the house to watch TV and drink tea.

The fact that I had no wheels yesterday is the only thing that stopped me going to look at a pretty cheap XJR.  Paint was a bit faded in places and it had 137K, but nothing serious in it's MOT history.  Interesting fact: a new starter for my car is about £220.  XJR starter: £664.

Put a new exhaust back-box on the Berlingo, £24!  That's why I like shite old cars.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio