Replacing Drop Link Bushes

I removed all the drop link bushes today, and it was easy! I've created a little diagram below, all you need it some M8 threaded-bar (98p from Wickes), some washers and about 4 nuts... plus a big socket (30mm in this case). As you tighten the nuts at the socket end, it pulls the bush through and into the socket (hence the need for it to be large). By dispensing with washers at the droplink end, I was able to pull out just the metal insert (which means I could have gotten away with a smaller socket), it's then easy to pull out the rubber. Takes about 5 mins per bush, no steam-powered press required.

I've used a cheap'n'cheerful £10 Workmate to secure the droplink, I love these things. They're reasonably sturdy and you don't have to worry about abusing and eventually destroying them, they're disposable at this kind of money.


Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio