Xmas Present

I've been working flat-out for the past few weeks on a new office in London, 7 days a week and with no time to even think about opening the garage. That's over now and I finally had time to tinker with the Mazda this evening; sadly there has been no Christine-style transformation, it's still sitting on the jack with the front anti-roll bar partially removed.

I had a sit in it though, and was reminded how very right the driving position is. Last weekend I had a new Zafira (hired) and while that's not pretending to be a sportscar I was surprised how compromised it was as a driver's car. The offset steering wheel, rubbery feeling controls and annoying understeer (depsite those massive wheels all modern cars seem to have) all combined to make it a pretty miserable thing to drive.

I'm going to buy a new exhaust next week, a stainless dual exit job from MX5Parts.co.uk. I don't really want the weight of that additional pipe, but the price is irresistable and it does look good (though vaguely MGF-ish).

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio