More moaning

MX5 has seen a bit of use during the recent snow, it wasn't much good but considerably better than the BMW.  It did get stuck earlier in the week when I tried to get it on the drive, and took 6 people to shift it - my back has been very bad again this week but I had no option but to get stuck in.  This was a mistake... hopefully be in better shape on Monday, I've only been into the office twice since Xmas.

The Berlingo is back on the road, after replacement of the impressively sci-fi sounding Comms 2000 unit.  This is actually the column switch assembly, but it's full of electronic gubbins because the car uses multiplex wiring.  I managed to hit myself hard on the nose taking the steering wheel off, but apart from that it was an easy swap (apart from the £197).  The parts guy at the dealer admitted he sold 'loads' of these.

Having trouble getting a reasonable insurance quote for the MX5, A-Plan want £580 which seems ridiculous at my advanced age.  Adrian Flux is best so far at £445, but still seems a lot.  The meerkats are not interested in helping you if you've committed the double crime of owning an imported and modified car.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio