VEautotune/arse kicking

There's a new version of Tuner Studio available (for Megasquirt) that has a fabulous new feature - live VE tuning.  As the car is way out of tune after all the trouble I had with the leaking manifold, I was keen to try this.  On Saturday I got no further than the garage as my back was just too stiff to drive, but I had more success today.  Basically, you switch on autotune and just drive the car.  The VE table is displayed onscreen, and it amends the values on the fly, according to the target VE table you've set.  When you're ready, you burn them to the EMS.  I've got a tank of plain rather than super unleaded so I couldn't risk any flat out runs, but it does seem smoother already and the idle is now steady.

I'm trying to arrange a trip to the Ardennes in early summer, which just happens to be convenient for Spa circuit and the Nurburgring.  I've made it clear to my friends that anybody not attending is an enormous girl's blouse, and so far they're holding steady.  The promise of a spectacular, firey death on a romantic continental race track is certainly hard to resist.  I imagine it'll just be me going in the end though... I'm not sure if Spa has public days like t'ring, that page of their website is broken and some Googling has turned up nothing solid yet.

Russell beat me at Command & Conquer: Generals this evening.  In fact, I got a bloody good thrashing as dozens and dozens of my best units were annhilated trying to breach his defences.  There had been a lot of BIG TALK about how he was going to KICK MY ARSE beforehand, so I wasn't showing him any mercy; I was attacking from 3 sides, I had special forces in his base, and was trying to overload him with other distraction tactics, but he just countered it all.  I have never played against such an accomplished opponent - and there he was, naked with all chocolate around his face, his keyboard and mouse sticky with spilt drinks and food.  He is surely the Mozart of real-time strategy games.  And he's very, very good at GLOATING.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio