AEM UEGO wideband O2

I've ripped out the dead LC-1 and replaced it with the AEM version.  It comes with a pretty AFR gauge, that handily fills a hole next to the boost gauge, and it was easy to install; there are just 4 leads to connect (live, earth, serial (not used) and the 0-5v linear output for the Megasquirt).  There's none of that pesky free-air calibration nonsense you get with the LC-1 either.  I had a spot of bother at first because the gauge was showing a different value to the Megasquirt output.  Eventually I discovered the fix; in TunerStudio, go to Project Properties and select the WB02 sensor as a AEM 3-400 gauge (not AEM UEGO).  

Brakes have been a damn nuisance.  I 'd noticing I was losing a little fluid, and suspected the NSF caliper so rebuilt it with new seals.  During bleeding I noticed fluid dripping from the underside of the car, turned out the front/rear pipe was leaking at the master cylinder!  I nipped it up a bit tighter and it's OK now.  Sounds easy, but during this process I managed to get covered in brake fluid, smashed the glass I use to collect fluid, and lowered the tone of the neighbourhood with some strong language.  Further proof that you can take the man out of the council estate, but you can't take the council estate out of the man.

Out this evening for some tuning runs.  All the AFR tables are now in volts rather than lambda, arghhhh!  Brands Hatch tomorrow, woooo!

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio