A familiar tale of woe

Brands Hatch...
There was some speed, followed by a mechanical failure, then some more speed...
Then there was another more serious mechanical failure, leading to ABORT MISSION shortly after lunch...
Yes, it's the traditional Brands Hatch head gasket failure.  Perhaps I should have bought new head bolts.  Anyway, it still managed to get me the 80 miles home and with only 1 coolant refill.  Up to that point the car had been excellent, the new brakes were completely untroubled and the straight-line speed is better than ever.  Locke-alike kindly gave me a passenger ride in his supercharged car.  His Federal RSR tyres are in a different league to the Toyo T1R, they're my new favourite tyre and I want some.

I had the pit crew with me on this occasion, it was very welcome as it was extremely cold.  Mrs B attended the driver's briefing, and now she's considering doing Bedford Autodrome.  I wonder if she wants to learn how to fix blown head gaskets?

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio