Abridged version of events

This was skimmed and cleaned at a place in Winchester, then I reunited it with the rest of the engine:
It has become ROUTINE, but this time with the novelty of new head bolts.  Anyway, it worked.  Took it out for a spin, only for the dump valve to abandon it's post at 50mph, on a pitch dark country road late at night.  I search, then a police car turns up and joins the search (after I'd explained why I was wandering about the middle of an unlit road at 11pm).  Eventually we discover it jammed between the radiator and anti-roll bar.
It's had a run-in with the crank pulley, but survives.  If only the constant wind and rain would stop I might be able to TEST IT.

RUBBISH.  I'm fed up with it again now, I'm going to buy a big TV instead of doing the Nurburgring/Spa, and stay in all summer watching trash in high definition with 5.1 sound.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement