Rear brake caliper seals

Changing the seals in the rear caliper was straightfoward, but for the little circlip that holds the adjustment screw in place.  It's deep down inside the caliper and I couldn't get my circlip pliers in there, nor any long-nose pliers.  I couldn't find anything suitable in Halfords either, then had an idea about using scissors.  As luck would have it, I found an old pair of medical scissors in my tool box, and once I'd filed down the ends and bent them, they worked fairly well.


There's some useful photos of the caliper insides here.  Bleeding the brakes was the worst part of the job.  It was a nice sunny morning so I got the car out of the garage, got it on stands and removed the wheels... then it rained.  Then it rained even harder.  And then it snowed.  Demotivated, I went inside and ordered the big TV and associated gubbins.  I give up, I'm just going to stay inside from now on.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement