AEM 02 sensor reading volts instead of AFR in TunerStudio

The fact that TunerStudio insists on displaying volts instead of AFR when using the AEM UEGO O2 sensor was  really annoying me, especially as I was having no luck getting the thing tuned after replacing the head gasket.  After a lot of internet searching I found the solution, and it now reads in lovely AFR... and oh dear, it showed the previous AFR target values were dangerously lean.  It's now FIXED, and I'm tuning it in on the drive to work.  This is how:

Find the mainController.ini file (there are likely to be many, the one you need will be in \Documents & Settings\your name\My Documents\TunerStudioProjects\project name

Open it with Notepad, and replace the line:
#elif AEM_LINEAR
  afrBins1 = array,    U08,    0,    [8x8],    "Volts",    0.0196,    0,    0.0,    5.0,    2

with:
#elif AEM_LINEAR
  afrBins1 = array,    U08,    0,    [8x8],    "AFR",    0.038666,    255.0,    10.0,    20.0,    1

TunerStudio will now show AFR.  Assuming you have the O2 gauge, check it's reading is consistent with what the Megasquirt is seeing.  The value 0.038666 is used to make the calculation, and can be adjusted if necessary.

I turned the Koni shocks down to maximum softness a few days ago, and it's an absolute revelation.  Where it used to skitter over the top of bumps, often spinning up a rear wheel under power, it now rides them and can be hurled about with abandon.  I should have done this a long time ago, it is a bit soggier but I'm hoping the Flyin' Miata anti-roll bars I've got on order will fix that.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio