Temporarily lost my faith for a few days...

There will be NO de-turboization of the MX5, what I wrote the other day is WRONG and BLASPHEMOUS. Just because it's popped it's head gasket again (during a tuning run when I was aiming for more than 200 BHP), that's no reason to turn away from the TRUE PATH.  I will turn it down to about 8psi though.  It expired in an impressive plume of steam incidentally, it would have done a F1 car proud.

Fixed the dump valve this evening (it had become reluctant to open after being ejected from the vehicle a couple of weeks back).  The vacuum dome bit was dented and stopping the piston moving fully, so I ground it out with my Dremel and filled the hole with JB Weld.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio