Countersteering

I've come across some very useful biking books in PDF format here.  They're mostly concerned with improving bike skills, and I particularly like 'Full Control'.  Last night I went out and practised concious countersteering; it's something you do subconciously to ride any kind of bike (it's one of the reasons why learning to ride a 2-wheeler is difficult), though when you initially read about it it sounds like madness.  To actively do it was a revelation and it made me laugh out loud at it's effectiveness, the bike just leans at the appropriate angle automatically and goes around bends like it's on rails.  The aim is to use the method all the time, so in an emergency situation you can retain control rather than simply freeze.  I can do it at speed but it's proving more difficult around town, need more practice.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement