Mobile Road Block

In my quest to make life ever more miserable for other road users, I've decided to get a caravan.  I ruled out the camper last week, it creates as many problems as it solves, and they're poor value compared to a 'van.  A tent is more discomfort than I'm prepared to tolerate.  So, this week we dug up half the front garden to make sufficient room:
Today I put a Witter tow bar on the Berlingo (it has the best power-to-weight ratio), which was pretty easy as all the holes are already there!  There was a small piece of bumper to cut out, but that took 2 mins.  I made life difficult for myself by dropping one of the bushes inside a chassis member, and eventually I had to drill a hole into the boot floor to reach it.  There was even a handy grommet for the cables to pass through, but unfortunately there was no easy plug to attach the harness to (I remember Citroen BX estates having such a thing back in the '80s).  I've not finished this yet, as some of the cables are the same colour and I got fed up with it - thanks for that, cost-cutting PSA accountants.
I'm supposed to be off abroad again this week, so the plan is to buy the caravan when I return.  Finding a 4-berth under 1000Kg (so the Berlingo can pull it), and under 6m long (so it will fit on the drive), is restricting choice a bit so far.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio