Cafe Racer

Put a new battery on the VFR this weekend (it was getting a bit weak), which I bought from my local dealer as it was only a couple of quid more than buying it online.  I think that's the first time I've bought anything there, after 3 years of browsing.

They had a new Yamaha XV950 outside, really didn't like it.  This is the bike lashed-up to cash in on the cafe-racer scene, but I can't see there being much of a market for it in the UK.  It takes some commitment to get a full license here, probably more than most scene-moron posers could muster.  And then there's the lack of authenticity - you don't build a cafe racer by ticking boxes on an order form.  Verdict: rubbish.

Reminder to self: serviced Berlingo (oil/air filter), now at 92K.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio