PDOiler

I've recently installed a chain oiler on the VFR, seeing as it clocks up so many miles.  I've fitted a PDOiler, which is electronic and fully automatic.  You fill it with oil, and at a set interval the pump shunts down some oil to the wick.  The wick is stranded, so it acts like a brush when the chain comes into contact with it.
Finding a spot for the pump was a bit awkward - I didn't want to put it under the seat as that would make it awkward to refill.  I settled for this spot, where it remains clear of the swing-arm.
The wick position is a compromise too, ideally it should be further forward from the sprocket.  The shape of the single-sided swing arm is the cause.
Controller is velcro'd under the seat, with the power feed tapped off the heated-grips relay.  I've set it to 9, which is the fastest - it fires every 90 seconds or so.

Initially I had the green supply pipe running behind the swing-arm, but after a few hundred miles it got loose and the chain chopped it.  When I asked Brian at PDOiler for the cost of a replacement, he sent me one free of charge - 1st class post.  I don't think you'd get that kind of service from their competitors!  I also had an installation question answered within a few hours via email, so I can strongly recommend them.  And of course the oiler works really well!

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio