Daytrip to the Desert

I had a bit of a ride out today, eventually I was about 60 miles from Muscat into the interior of the country.  There were some old Portuguese forts I would have liked to see, but the road signs stopped as soon as I came off the main road, and my satnav (Copilot Middle East) lacks detail outside the main population areas.  Rubbish.  Anyway, it all mostly looked like this:

 Spotted this today, I looked on longingly - I'm really missing the tactile experience of a bike.  However, the standard of driving here is absolutely atrocious, way too risky for biking.  I thought it was OK last week, but that was the weekend when the roads were empty.  The working week is Sunday to Thurday, and it's total anarchy.  There's a multiple pile-up on the expressway almost every day.
Also saw this - a new Renault Safrane!  Doesn't look very Renault, because it isn't - it's actually a Samsung SM5, which is in turn based on a domestic-market Nissan.
Back to the hotel then.  The horse statue in the lobby rotates every so often - I have no idea why.  They do some bloody terrific coffee here!  I don't normally drink it, but there's no decent tea to be had.  I've been eating a lot of excellent curry here too; again that's something I rarely go near.  
I also visited a big posh shopping centre.  It was utterly unremarkable, except the signs were in Arabic.  

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio