Roger's first date

July 19th is Roger's first track day - well, airfield day, at RAF Odiham.  I'm looking forward to riding this loosely assembled pile of parts down a runway at 150mph

I've painted all the panels in glossy black coach enamel - with a brush.  It looks pretty good... not brilliant, but quite presentable.  Certainly better than the pus yellow, anyway.  The paint is Tekaloid, it's pretty thick and covers most of the blemishes.  The enamel gives a nice 'steam engine' finish too :)

All the parts are here now, so if I get my finger out he could be finished by the end of the weekend. Right now I'm replacing the fork seals, but this seems a good opportunity to repaint the lower forks... I keep getting the urge to do a complete nut'n'bolt rebuild!

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio