GTV lives!


GTV is back on the road, and has covered 20 miles without the wheels falling off.  Getting the driveshaft back on was difficult, and then the bolts didn't screw into the flange as I'd expected, which was very puzzling. 
Turns out there were nuts behind the flange - all 6 had fallen off and into an expansion gap in my concrete drive without me noticing.  What a donkey!  Had to use a spring compressor to get the strut back in place too, deffo the wrong procedure there.  Oil and filter changed, tightened up leaking coolant hoses, and it was ready to go.

It does drive well and the engine is very eager, but I need to replace the cambelt ASAP; would be very annoyed if it went pop after all the time I've spent on it. Noticed some new problems while I was test driving it - drivers window rattly, but most annoyingly the air direction on the HVAC doesn't work (it's electronic and it seems there's a little motor module at fault). That prevents it being usable as a commuter vehicle as you have to open the windows to demist it. 

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement