Nearly there

Woke up early and set to work while the car was still frosted up. This machine is never far from my thoughts, it's become a puzzle I must solve. Perhaps I'm going a bit mental.
Driveshaft finally off, though ended up taking off the strut to get clearance. I've got a PDF of the factory Alfa workshop manual (complete with dodgy translations), it reckons you can take the shaft off by only removing 1 bolt from the strut but nope. Should have just undone the bottom balljoint.
New thermostat on, with £15 of new hoseclips from Halfords.
Exhaust back on, but unable to test as in middle of oil change. Didn't take long for rain to stop my obsessive fun.


Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement