Loose Boost

I've had an ongoing problem this week with the nuts that secure the turbo to the manifold working loose. I tried tightening them cold, then hot (and inevitably burned my fingers), but it made no difference. However, there was enough thread to double-nut each one, and that seems to be holding nicely.

I think I've got a slight coolant leak because I can smell it at high RPM; my spidey sense thinks I may have damaged a heater matrix pipe during the head gasket work... I will wait and see.

The headrest speakers have been installed now, I pulled out the broken old ones and fitted these much bigger ones from MX5 Parts. Easy job, takes about 20 mins, and they sound vastly superior. Now I can hear the Radio 4 goodness at motorway speeds, even with the roof down!

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio