Fixed, again. Now another problem...

Whatever I did, I could not get that split hose to seal. In the end it was wrapped in multiple layers of duct tape with cable ties in between, but the heat and pressure had it leaking as soon as the turbine started spooling. Thankfully I got a replacement from a local breaker at just £10, and I've cable-tied the accordian section this time to prevent it ballooning.

It's the MX5OC Spring Rally tomorrow so I've cleaned the car inside and out. Discovered a large pool of coolant under the mat in the passenger footwell... I'm hoping it's escaped past the heater matrix hose which was a bit mangled, I've put a proper jubilee clip on this now so if it's not, it's dashboard-out time.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio