Bit of a Herbie Moment

I'd like it known that I have a survived a horrible, firey accident, with just a ruptured achilles tendon.  I would like that, but the actual reality is rather different:
  • Discover high-tech device that secures the wastegate actuator (a paperclip) has failed.
  • Fit new paperclip, take car for furious 20 mile test drive.
  • Park car outside house, apply handbrake, exit car.
  • Mrs B notices car is rolling down the road on a Herbie-style adventure.
  • I set off in pursuit, somehow ending up in collision with ground.  Ankle no longer functions, pain.
  • Car collides with neighbour's Astra, smashing rear light cluster.
  • Neighbour upset (same bloke who's fence I damaged with Mr's B B'ingo last year), but his car undamaged.
  • Go to A&E department at 11pm, leave at 3:30am with leg in plaster.
What happened with the handbrake?  I suspect as the blazing hot rear discs cooled, it became ineffective.  There's no chance of me investigating anytime soon though.

I'm on crutches for 8 weeks now, so that's the end of my car shenanigans for some time.  I can work from home so I won't be completely bored, and of course I will save on petrol.  I'm trying to stay up-beat and treat this as another chapter in the rich adventure of life, where I will discover new strengths and talents that have remained latent so far.  However, when I'm going up and down the stairs on my arse like a 2-year-old, it seems more like an insight into my life in 30 years time.

This is because of what I said about Tenby, isn't it?  They must have switched to voodoo, following the failure of their elite bovine assasins.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio