More Holiday

Was on holiday again last week, in south western Wales. Temperatures were hitting almost 16 degrees at times, and for 10 minutes on Thursday I saw the sun. I was so moved I took a photo (above). That's Oakwood theme park, it's OK but it ain't Alton Towers.

Russ is Jedi now, we went to see The Clone Wars and it was quite good. Quite good if you like the animated Batman series, or Pokemon, or any other trashy kids TV. Russ's lightsabre cost £4.50 from Oakwood, and was made in China. Like the film it's rubbish, but fun.
Look! It's Torchwood! We spent an afternoon at Cardiff bay, despite the serious risk of John Barrowman appearing out of the ground and snogging me. He is very good looking though... I don't know... might have been up for it :)

There's a Dr Who Exhibition there, but it's considerably less impressive than it looks on the website. There's some good stuff on show, but it's all static and quite small.

Wow, it's Sausages the Dalek! And look, the MDF Tardis!

We also paid a visit to Tenby, a little seaside town nearby... unfortunately, Tenby is shit. It's almost the Welsh equivalent of Great Yarmouth (it needs more drunken stag/hen parties and a faded old amusement park to reach level pegging).  

If you like Everythings-a-Pound shops, flourescent tube-lit chip restaurants, and filthy public toilets, you may disagree, but I found it so depressing I actually wished I was at work instead.

However, my mood was lifted considerably when I noticed the enormous, 100-foot high cock somebody had drawn in the sand on the beach - it was so apt! Sadly I'd forgotten my camera, but helpfully there is a webcam so keep an eye out for more disgruntled tourists and their public artwork.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio