No Disassemble Johnny 5!

Tired? Lacking boosty goodness? That'll be a big leaky turbo flange then. I suspected all was not right in this area so I took the turbo off to investigate, turns out one of the manifold threads is bent so despite it being bolted down tightly, there was a gap at the flange. That would explain the erratic running and horrible fuel consumption, but it's odd that it didn't blow when stationary - must only have been when the engine was shifting about.

I've fitted a replacement rear lamp cluster (£20), now it needs some tyres. I'm going for 195/50R14s, up from 185/65. That's the only suitable size the Toyos come in, though annoyingly the 15" version is £20 a corner cheaper! I have kept an eye out for replacment 15" wheels but nothing decent has appeared, and I don't want to buy new. I have to leave some cash for the intercooler.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio