Goodwood Breakfast Club

Russ and I went to the Goodwood Breakfast for the first time this morning, in convoy with another MX5 from the Nutz forum. It was virtually B-roads all the way and we were flying low, terrorising the public with our hairdresser mobiles.

The theme was Mini Mayhem, so there were an awful lot of Minis there. Sadly, many of them were of the savagely uncool BMW variety, but there were lots of originals too. Even a pink one. Lots of other small stuff too, including this Lotus and a Fiat X1/9. I used to have a serious fetish for these, but the MX5 can do most things better (exceptions being ride and refinement) so I don't see another one coming my way.


Everybody liked this, it appears to be a dustbin with bit's of Spitfire attached. The Goodwood Breakfast event is free, I'm not entirely sure why they put it on. They do charge plenty for food, but there were lots of staff on site and it clearly takes quite a bit of organisation. They happen on the first Sunday of every month.

I also finished the intercooler installation this week. Not only does it look good, it goes faster! The stock crossover tube I had been using was clearly restrictive, I've now got earlier spool and more urge. AFRs still good too. Time to stick in those 230cc injectors, perhaps...

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio