Repairs

As usual, the Mazda has been skulking in the garage and avoiding all the fine weather. It's MOT re-test tomorrow, and seeing as heavy rain is forecast all week, it will most likely pass. I've had to disassemble all the turbo gubbins again, but I've become a reluctant expert at this. The gasket between the turbo and manifold had been leaking; it's been replaced (a Nissan 300ZX gasket is a perfect fit though expensive at £22 - part number is 14415-17M00). The gasket between the turbo and front pipe also showed signs of a leak, I can't find a pattern for this so I cleaned it up and have used Firegum to hopefully fix. The broken temperature sensor as also been replaced, and there's also some Magnecor ignition leads.

I've bought a Haynes manual for a Hillman Imp off t'Bay, so I can find where the engine lives when I finally get it. Mrs B has given the OK for me to concrete over part of the front garden too, to create another parking space... just in case of future expansion :)

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio