Gravel Traps Ahoy

I've got a track day (or more accurately, a track evening) at Brands Hatch tomorrow. It'll be the first time on track with the turbo and (hopefully) sorted suspension. Brakes may remain the weak link though, probably won't be able to go too crazy. Looks like it may rain - I'm considering painting my tow hooks bright yellow for easy recovery from the kitty litter, just in case! There are jobs to do first, most pressing being the removal of the speed limiter... though leaving it would provide a sound excuse for being rubbish, I suppose.

There will be no Hillman Imp. I visited Adrian a couple of weeks back and he took me out in it, and I don't remember being that scared in a car for some time - and this with 39.5bhp. He does race one though and is a triple championship winner, which he never mentions. I had a drive too (at sane speeds), and it was very engaging and just tanked around corners once I overcame my instincts and just floored it when entering bends. But the noise... there was a huge wall of racket coming from the rear all the time, pressuring my eardrums, and became unpleasant after just a handful of miles. I simply couldn't live with that, virtually all of my journeys are at least 30+ miles. I would like another motor to play with, but not one that doubles up as a medieval torture chamber.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio