Traditional British Sportscar

Driving to work this morning, I had a comedy electrical problem that took me back to my days of piloting Morris Marinas. When I switched on the headlamps, the wipers and washers came on too - and wouldn't go off. I stopped and pulled the lead from the wiper motor, which made the near-side headlamp pod drop but stopped the washers too. I ignored it and drove on, t wasn't on fire I guessed it was OK.

Investigating this evening, I discovered the washer tube and wire wrapped around the headlamp pod linkage, where it had eventually shorted out. Patching in a new section of wire wasn't difficult, but changing the blown wiper fuse certainly was - it's up behind the dash on the drivers side! It's all cabled-tied down now so it shouldn't happen again.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio