Exhaust Bodgery

The exhaust manifold on the MX5 is cracked once more.  I've bodged it up with paste for the moment because I haven't got time to get it fixed before the car control day on Friday.  I'm pretty sure this is caused by the entire exhaust shifting about and stressing it, possibly because the clamp that secures the frontpipe to the engine has to be removed with the Greddy downpipe.  So I've made up a new one, using a 2.5" exhaust clamp and a strip of steel, secured to the bracket where the old clamp once lived.  I'll see how it holds up.

The exhaust leak is causing the car to run rich, so I've rather rashly weakened off the entire fuel map to compensate.  I'll have to remember to check the AFRs before Friday!

Boots News: there's a new Boots vid on YouTube, but frankly it's rubbish.  It's every musical cliche from the past 5 years compressed into a single track, very disappointing.  She's still very cute though, so I forgive her.

Marsheaux are not very cute at all, but this track is fabulous and highly recommended:

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio