New Wheels John?

There's been a craze on my favourite forum (the amusing and authorative Autoshite) for an ancient Sinclair Spectrum game called 'New Wheels John?'.  It's a text-based motor trading game, set in the early 80s, it's rubbish but strangely compelling.  Check out my selection of landmarks!

I discovered the following facts about car trading:
  • Nobody wants a Citroen GS after driving it
  • Engines regularly fall out of Minis, but only cost £20 to replace
  • The public are hateful, moaning time-wasters who get everything they deserve
Honestly, I don't remember any game reducing me to shouting rude words out loud.  My business folded shortly after I took this screenshot, apparently I went mad, my wife left me and I ended up in the loony bin.

I'm sure you're gagging for it, so you can get your very own copy of the game here, and I recommend the Fuse Spectrum emulator.  All free, of course, it's what your dual-core CPU was designed for!

Mazda news:  after a horrible drive to work last week in the dark with permanently fogged windows and a sticky steering wheel, the MX5 is relieved of commuting duties until 2010.  Autumn is track season though, next week is Finmere aerodrome followed by Oulton Park and Brands Hatch.  A new hood is being fitted by Jack Smith next week (free of charge, this one still leaks) with plastic rear window, which is required for the TR Lane rollbar going on in November.  That does mean the end for the windblocker (I'll miss that), and it'll make the hood more awkward to raise/lower, but I've decided to make the car more track-orientated.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio