More Brake Problems

MX5 returned from MOT yesterday, it failed on a leaking front caliper, ineffetive rear caliper, weak handbrake and a holed exhaust.  Emissions were fine, surprisingly.  The exhaust is 2 years old but still under warranty so I've sent a photo to MX5Parts (it's one of their own-brand stainless steel dual tailpipe jobs). One of the hangers has come away and torn a small hole in the pipe, it's not really noticeable in the car, what with all the other noise going on. 

All of the calipers were new last June so I'm annoyed about them (I like being annoyed), the warranty was only 6 months too (double annoyed).  I've ordered a new front one (got a bit of discount), I'm hoping the rear is just down to handbrake mechanism as the piston moves smoothly.  I would be out fixing it now, only the linear-halogen bulb my inspection lamp requires has been outlawed by the EEC!

Had a bit of an uncomfortable talk about the clutch issue with garage-bloke, he reckons he put in an upgraded one.  My new one will be fitted when it goes back for it's MOT re-test, hopefully next week.  I'm very fed up with the car at the moment, I need a cheaper hobby.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio